Wednesday, September 15, 2010

SteamPunk/Victorian Fashion

'
Several months ago I learned that Stani seriously likes SteamPunk. He even has two SteamPunk tie clips in RL! Majorly cool!!

We love to dance together, so I went in search of a ballgown. It was easy to find imaginative SteamPunk dresses.I did not see anything I thought of as SteamPunk that I would wear to a ball, so I went strictly Victorian without the SteamPunk influence. After a couple of disappointments with textures, I found this vision in satin and embroidered tulle by M'Lady Fashions. I feel like a princess in it, especially after I put on my jewelry and have my hair done.
;
Gorgeous it may be, but it was also fly-away! Many times the layers of netting covered both of our faces. And the gloves must be replaced, they are the same texture as the skirt, which translates to streaky in satin gloves.
I didn't manage a good picture of Stani. He is wearing the new gift from BlakOpal (bottom of the stairs) as seen here. It really does need good boots, shoes won't work.
This soft skin by Tuli is and the pearl choker by Rhiamon's Realm are perfect for my Victorian clothing, helping complete the look.

You can also find appropriate footwear at Lassitude & Ennui, BlakOpal and Arundul.

Outfit ~ Princess Sissi ~ M'Lady Fashions
Jewelry ~ Victorian Ivory Cameo Choker ~ Rhiamon's Realm
Skin ~ Hope (pale/br) ~ Tuli
Hair ~ Hikaru Updo ~ Pocket Mirrors
Poses ~ n/a
Location ~ Baby and Jim's palace

1 comment:

Emyly Beaumont said...

Very lovely indeed Cas. Your fashion sense is always perfect. I am glad you blogged this gown. I never get a chance to zoom in to see avatars up close when I dance so I was very happy to see these pictures.