Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Wedding

On Valentine's Day my landlady, Aleshanee, was married to Sadist, the man she loves in both worlds. I wish every day might bring them joy and their life, the fulfillment of their dreams. Aly is a wonderful person.

The refreshments

A lovely outdoor setting for the ceremony

Vows

Aly and Sadist exchanged vows and rings they had chosen to represent their love.

Next the officiator gave them each a red rose to hold. I quote her here, because I felt it could be beneficial to many of us, myself included.

In some ways it seems like you have not done anything at all. Just a moment ago you were holding one small rose - and now you are holding one small rose. In some ways, a marriage ceremony is like this. In some ways, tomorrow is going to seem no different than yesterday.

But in fact today, just now, you both have given and received one of the most valuable and precious gifts of life - one I hope you always remember - the gift of true and abiding love within the devotion of marriage. I would ask that where ever you make your home in the future - whether it be a large and elegant home - or a small and graceful one - that you both pick one very special location for roses; so that on each anniversary of this truly wonderful occasion you both may take a rose to that spot both as a recommitment to your marriage - and a recommitment that THIS will be a marriage based upon love. In every marriage there are times where it is difficult to find the right words.

It is easiest to hurt who we most love. It is easiest to be most hurt by who we most love. It might be difficult some time to words to say "I am sorry" or "I forgive you"; "I need you" or "I am hurting". If this should happen, if you simply can not find these words, leave a rose at that spot which both of you have selected - for that rose than says what matters most of all and should overpower all other things and all other words.

The newlyweds!

No comments: