Sunday, May 2, 2010

Live Ballet! Back to Black

A few weeks ago I went to a La Performance (SP) presentation of a modern ballet - Back to Black. My good friend Emy is a brand new troupe member.

For at least half of it I couldn't see into the connecting sim where the stage was. I tried everything I could think of, several suggestions from a kindly audience member and a few from Emy's friend Tori. I regretted distracting them from the performance, but I was grateful for the assistance.
I believe what helped was clearing cache and relogging. Thank you gentlemen.


I have been to Shakespeare and to traditional ballet in SL. I had not attended interpretive modern ballet in SL before, although I have seen all three in RL. My taste is for traditional ballet, I do not enjoy modern ballet. I went to support and encourage my friend.



When I think of how many more dances and movements are available in SL now than were almost three years ago when I saw my first ballet, I am impressed at how well the first one I saw came off. Animation is much more fluid now with "capture motion" technology and the transitions are much smoother. The performance by the La Performance members was definitely worth seeing, they changed my mind about modern ballet. I went the next week to see the entire show. In short I am very glad I went and will be quite pleased to attend future efforts of the troupe.




Do click on the pictures for a larger view. I apologize that they are not up to my usual standard, I felt fortunate to get any and the dancers didn't exactly hold still and pose for the camera. *smiles*


I believe next Sunday at 3pm SLT is the performance of this production. I don't seem to have the surl. Emy wouldn't mind if you IM her for it. I would recommend getting there early.

1 comment:

Emyly Beaumont said...

Thank you so much for this post Cas. What a delightful surprise! The last performance is Sunday May 9 at 2.30 SLT and although tiring and attention demanding, the performances are a lot of fun in spite of the horrendous lag we sometimes get. (Emy blows kisses to her dear friend.)