Thursday, March 19, 2009

Armoire Jewelry Showcase - Part I

If you haven't heard about the Armoire Showcase, here is a bit to fill you in before you fly over there to view the designs offered to tempt you...and I assure you they tempted me. The event showcases five highly talented jewelry designers: Kesseret Stepplechase, Caliah Lyon, Candy Cerveau, Saiyge Lotus and Violet Voltaire.

Yesterday was the blogger preview. I was quite surprised to be invited to attend!!

The event has begun and runs through 10pm on March 22nd.

From the landing point, as you walk through the right-hand entry first up is Kesseret. The first offering on the right side is Casandra, a wide soft ribbon choker with a metal locket set with tiny jewels at the connections that Kess named for me!! You can put a picture of your sweetheart in it, change the ribbon, gemstone and metal colors.

Codie is a heavy necklace with large mounted gemstones and gold plaques set with diamonds that I am going to have to go back for. Kess's designs usually have metal and gem color options available by a menu system, which makes each piece an amazing bargain; check details before purchasing.

And with her usual exceptional job on crafting pearls and metal textures, she introduces what I believe is an SL first! Chocolate pearls!

A true surprise for me when I opened the publicity kit was that Caliah Lyon of Muse was one of the five! I wore her orchid set less than a week ago and thought that I hadn't seen anything from her in what seems like forever. I checked her blog a few months ago hoping for word of designs I had missed. It reports she's been super busy with classes.

Caliah created a spectacular twisted metal and fresh water pearl necklace and earring set. For a detail photo of her two sets, see her site Lyon's fans will be pleased to discover she has two sets at the pavilion.

The other is a set fashioned of a substantial sculpted gold links. Shown here is the necklace and earrings.

The Journeyman’s Quest is the hunt challenge within this event, yielding jewelry (including limited edition items) for the tenacious journeyman jeweler. See jewelry in a way that you haven’t before!

SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Platinum/128/128/13

2 comments:

Kesseret Steeplechase said...

ooo you wear it so well!!! Thanks for the blog post. I find it so exciting to be paired up in this showcase with some of the most talented jewelers on the grid.

<3 A lot of people love your locket :D

Casandra Shilova said...

I was quite surprised and pleased, thank you so much! I'm glad they love it :D

*hugs*
Cas