Friday, March 27, 2009

Time Travelers!!

Ali and Sophia came up with a fun new blogger challenge! Time Travelers. Go to a place or era that you would like to visit, take pics to post and embed a YouTube video.

I used to teach Art History, and fell in love with the stark, clean lines of architecture in Greece and Rome. I also really like the red-figure and black-figure vases. I've read a fair amount of the histories, a couple of Greek tragedies and watched several programs.

Cassandra, the daughter of the Trojan King Priam, is famous for foreseeing the fall of Troy. Somehow I ended up role playing a fae, rather than a citizen of the ancient world. And if you are a long time reader, you may have read the post - it's all Ali's fault! *Cas hugs and thanks Ali*

The first two pictures are from Greece.

The texture on the columns is excellent.

I feel puny.

The last two pics are from Sparta. The artwork on the vase isn't correct, but the shape is good and it is attractive.

And of course where there are citizens with needs, there are merchants. Here is the marketplace at Sparta. I like that the paved road with the stone shops, degrades into a graveled road with merchants under canopies.

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a video, so here is the link to the original trailer for "Something Funny Happened on the Way to the Forum"

No comments: