Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fae? Who Me???!!!

Not sure what to say, but since Creag linked me on his blog, I thought a new post would be in order - lol.

Before I ever logged on the first time I decided I wanted to see myself having fun in Second Life. So I'm set up as a regular person - what you see is what you get. Cas is me - height, build, soft red hair, personality.

There is so much of SL I haven't tried. So much fun out there just waiting. hmmmm......should I try Hogwarts? Dragonriders of Pern? a Battlestar or the Star Fleet? Be an elf or a fairy?

And just then Alicia posted about becoming a fae in response to Creag's post on becoming a fae king in Gamilia. She said "And I think all of you who have free time should come be fae, too." And the timing was right.

I put in my application at for the Kingdom of Gamilia, and with Creag's guidance, I was granted citizenship. Now how do you role play a fae when you aren't a silly person?

I am a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism It's a medieval re-creation group. So I am familiar with courts, tournaments and display of pomp. But I'm mainly involved with creating arts, displaying them, judging them, giving classes. Rather than role players, I would consider most of us medievally courteous.

I think a fae would hover for court, rather than stand. Flit around and land on the tops of odd things - hay bales, castle turrets - not chimneys (too dirty!!), tease the cattle, sit in the middle of flowers to day dream of handsome fae to share their lives with.

So, we'll see how I do. If anyone happens to read this, and wants to say anything - please do :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your ideas, and think we need to implement them. Starting now, flit freely!