Monday, June 14, 2010

Why oh Why??? BBBC # 1


Greetings my readers,

I signed up for Ali's Big Bad Blogger Challenge again this year. I must be crazy, because I asked her to include both of the blogs. But I desperately need a kick start into blogging again, I've been remiss.


Sooo.....the first suggested topic is....drum roll please....
Why did you become a blogger? How has it enriched your life?

I had the silliest reason ever for opening a account. I started reading Second Life blogs before I joined SL. It didn't take me long to add my two cents via comments. Many of the commenters had thumbnails. I wanted one too. Yes, that's right, I created Elphinstone's blog simply to have a thumbnail for commenting! I picked blogger.com simply because I liked the way Ana's blog looked and functioned and she was using it

That was in August 2007 I wrote my first post, one whole paragraph! In September came my second one, all of one line and a picture! Whoot! Another in September and then nothing until June 2008! By that time I was role playing, and in a post Creag linked to my blog. I thought, oh my, I'd better write something. So I did, and started blogging.


Although I am not a consistent blogger and do many happenings never make it to a post, my blog is my SL (and sometimes RL) easy reference to fun times and pictures that make me smile. 

One of the reasons I enjoy reading blogs is because I learn a bit more about the people I know in SL. Some of the friends who read mine, have probably learned a bit more about me through mine. The rare comments are great - look someone wrote something!! lol

Blogging myself even the small amount I do, has given me an appreciation for the amount of time and effort that goes into each post I read. It has also encouraged me to look at things in a slightly different light. I feel anything I write about, post pictures of, has been focused upon. Posting it keeps it from quietly slipping away.

No comments: