Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's Time America!

It's Time America!

It's Time to Vote! Everyone reading this who is American, please go to the polls and vote for the candidate of your choice.

Where I work, a US congresswoman and her supporters came in a few weeks ago. One of the ladies needed something. When she realized she didn't have her purse with her, the congresswoman made the purchase teasing her the whole time. She shook my hand and walked out the door without soliciting a single vote or mentioning who she was!
Mine was also the only handshake. I liked that.

A few weeks ago a lady came in, not to garner support for a candidate, but to encourage employees to register to vote. I told her we all vote. She gave me a disbelieving look. I assured her - "No really, we do!" Each and every one of us exercises that right, that privilege, every citizen in the United States has to have a say in who runs our state and our country.

Ever read Starship Trooper? Seeing the movie doesn't count. By joining the corps and serving, they earn the right to a vote. It is an honor guaranteed by service. We as Americans, don't have to risk our lives as they did. Our voting privilege was granted to us as a right by our founding fathers. Let's do it!

-------------------

It is raining this morning. I reached the polling place at 6:10, ten minutes after they opened. It took me a hour and 40 minutes to cast my ballot. I was number 240. There were about 200 people in line behind me when I left.

1 comment:

Casandra Shilova said...

-----------
It took one of my co-workers 3hrs & 45 minutes to cast her ballot.

We will stand in the rain to have our voices heard.

I am delighted to see so many of my fellow bloggers encourage readers to join them in voting.